BANGLADESH CRICKET LEAGUE (LONGER VERSION): Points system2013-01-06
DHAKA, Sunday, 06 January 2013
BANGLADESH CRICKET LEAGUE (LONGER VERSION): Points system
The technical committee of Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) today endorsed the following revised points system for the inaugural edition of the competition with changes to the bonus point calculation and bylaws for determining the standings.
The revision became necessary following certain confusion among the teams in regards to the points system.
NOTE: The updated points table of the BCL will be available on www.digicricket.marssil.com on Monday (07 January 2013).
- For an outright win the winners get 6 (six) points. No points for the side defeated.
- In the case of a drawn game where both teams have completed their respective first innings, the team having a first innings lead gets 3 (three) points. The side behind on first innings runs gets 1 (one) point.
- In a drawn game where the teams have not completed first innings 3 (three) points will be awarded to each team.
- For a tie with first innings completed by both teams 3 (three) points will be awarded to each.
- If there is no outright result and scores are tied in the first innings then 3 (three) points will be awarded to each team.
- In case of a washed out/abandoned game both teams will get 3 (three) points.
- For scoring a minimum of 300 runs in 100 or lesser number of overs in the first innings 1 (one) batting point will be awarded.
- For bowling out a side in the first innings 1 (one) bowling point will be awarded.
- For an innings victory 1 (one) point will be awarded.
- For a 10-wicket win 1 (one) point will be awarded.
- At the completion of the league phase position of teams will be determined by total accumulated points.
- If two or more teams are equal on points then the standing will be determined on the basis of the number of outright wins.
- If still equal then the head to head result will be the determining factor.
- If the head to head result is a draw or a tie then the team having the first innings lead in the match concerned will be placed higher in the standings.
- If still equal then the position will be determined by taking into account the ‘number of runs conceded per wickettaken' by the teams concerned in the league phase.